Wednesday 30 August 2017

The old circuit near Reims

One of the people we met at Villars told us that you can still see the remains of the circuit which started in the late 1920's. So you can imagine that Noel wanted to go if possible.

I had altered the Eurotunnel bookings. The only crossing I could get for the next 2 days was 23:50 that night, so we had plenty of time. (The end of school holidays in UK so everyone headed home.) It was going to be a long day!

As we got closer to Reims, I used my phone again to guide us to Gueux. As we approached, we realised that we were driving down the main straight. Noel got very excited. On the left, the grandstand and the pits on the right. They are apparently planning some restoration, raising money through car events.

We parked next to the pits and Noel had a walk around.

From my point of view, I was sorry we didnt have half a day to visit the neighbouring Champagne area and pick up some souvenirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comment has been submitted for moderation.